Submit your fintech concept for the chance to pitch to a panel of industry-leaders and an audience of payments professionals. By participating in the Women in Payments Unicorn Challenge, you’ll gain valuable feedback and expert advice that can help you take your fintech start-up further, faster. It is unlike any women entrepreneurship awards program.
If you’re a woman founder of a fintech start-up, this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss. Past winning fintech start-ups from around the globe include: Nuggets, FiSpan, AdaTree and Nivelo, among others.
The judging panel includes leading women experts from across the global payments industry. Their chosen winner will have a chance to pitch to major market leaders for further guidance and expert insights.
The Unicorn Challenge is a great opportunity to form meaningful connections with industry experts and influencers, while honing your pitching skills.
- Your start-up must be less than 3 years old, and up to and including seed-stage funding
- You can have a maximum of 1 presenter per organization
- Submissions must include current photos and bio of presenter.
Women in Payments reserves the right to grant or refuse, at its sole discretion, speaking opportunities to any applicant. Limited spots are available.
Grand prize of $10,000 cash will be awarded to the Judges’ Choice Unicorn Challenge winner.
*terms and condition apply*
One night accommodation for one room will be provided at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City for competitor. Travel costs are at the competitor’s expense.
The judges will hear a five-minute pitch from each contestant and evaluate their innovative idea based on the following criteria:
- Uniqueness and creativity of solution
- Business model & potential success
- Potential impact to market and users
- Practicality and interoperability: ease of implementation, scalability, cost-effectiveness, and ability to interface with other systems
- Strength and diversity of start-up’s management team
Applications for the 2022 Women in Payments Unicorn Challenge are now closed.